[T3] Goin' to hell in a handcart!

Jonathan Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 11:35:50 PST 2013

Gremlins, Aliens, Sasquach all are guilty parties as far as i am concerned...
:-)

Back in my IT days we had a flaky power grid on our campus. The biggest
killer were "brown-outs" or low voltage situations. I had to order dozens
of APC backup power units with load and voltage balancing. This effectively
fixed our issues, especially for our more sensitive low-budget equipment.

I did notice one thing though, we never lost an Apple Computer node. Not
once. Odd, their engineers really do test for the worst I guess. Dells were
the absolute worst casualties. We got to the point of sending out letters
to incoming student to NOT purchase Dell items, as they were clogging our
tech support system.

Just a thought.

Jon