[T3] Heat exchanger seals

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 16:48:03 PST 2013

They're shown as nos. 14 and 15 at
http://home.clara.net/hallvw/type3/T3pbo/T3pb2-12.htm but I've never seen
them available separately - probably were 40 years ago!

I would suggest some furnace seal cord - what we used to call asbestos rope
(but would probably not be asbestos any more).  Wrap it round and clamp with
a suitable clamp. Check the pipe for corrosion and repair or build up pipe
thickness with weld.

Dave
UK Type 3&4 VW Club