[T3] dash pad talk

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 13:04:41 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/10/2013 3:38:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

It's odd, however, that it doesn't have the holes for the VIN
plate. That would mean that it came on a car sold in some market (not
the US) where the VIN plates were not required. They were required on
all US cars from '69-on. I don't know about  Canada.

My old 71 Notch came from Canada, and it did have a dash pad mounted VIN  t
ag. It also had the door post sticker, along with the under hood tag, just
like USA models.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction