[T3] dash pad

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 12 07:30:47 PST 2013

On 11 Jan 2013 at 21:52, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Jim, do you think Gary's car would have been shipped first to  Chicago by
> rail? Or up the Mississippi river by boat? Or would it have been  trucked
> across?  Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess only Gary could  answer that,
> by looking at his paperwork he got from the dealer.

IIRC, Gary bought his VW in Wisconsin, so it came in via VWoA. That
makes it a US version car. I'm pretty sure the midwest cars all came
in via the St. Lawrence seaway, to various ports on the Great Lakes.
None of that will show up on the papers the buyers got; it just comes
from word of mouth from the dealers at the time. Russ would have
known and Charles probably knows what POE his dealership's cars came
in.

Gary's probably came in from Milwaukee. I think my original '68 came
in via Chicago. Cars in your area probably came in via Detroit.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org