[T3] Happy New Year 2013 Rubber bumpers for front Axle

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jan 18 20:06:41 PST 2013

On 17 Jan 2013 at 3:03, Maximilian Bukszpan wrote:

> -Fuel tank de-rusted with POR 15 set => folks, it REALLY worked great,
> if you made all the work before right, for example chain and rough
> rocks in the tank and shake and shake for days............inside is
> now silver coated, just great, maybe I show some pictures from the
> inside in February.

I've never used POR 15, so I hope it's not thick enough to plug up
the very small passage in that tank that you need for things to work
correctly. If they're now plugged, you'll run out of gas once you get
down to about 1/2 tank.

Note that new tanks are bare inside and don't need anything there to
keep them from rusting, as long as you keep the water out. The broken
overflow hose is the culprit. Once it cracks, wheelspray throws water
in there and rust in the gas tank will soon be the least of your
problems.

I make and sell kits to repair that broken overflow hose. If you
haven't fixed yours some other way, you'll need one of them.

> -all new brakes in the rear-all new DOT 5 silikon brake fluid-all new
> seals in the rear-all new gas lines from front to rear-new gas-filters,
> several- and much more

Yes, the silicone brake fluid is great stuff if properly used.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org