[T3] Adventures in electronics (red light on)

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 04:11:48 PST 2013

Don't worry about engine overheating if the belt breaks any time, as the
cooling fan runs on the crankshaft.  It's only the dynamo that needs the
belt.

Jim posted a lot on brushes recently and the way they are made to take
direction of rotatuion into account.  It could be your brushes were the
wrong start from new (?rebuilt?).   I haven't experienced worn out brushes
on a series of Type 3s, but probably none has run more than 100,000 miles
from new, so they might all be ready for replacement!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club