[T3] Ignition Wires

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 12:56:08 PST 2013

> I am looking to buy a new set of
> ignition wires for my 72 type3 SB. I seem to remember seeing
> a way back post that most the kits available not correct for
> the tpe3 engine configuration.
> Does anyone know if there are any out there?
> Also since I am building this Mega squirt system does anyone
> see a problem using the stock wires?

The usual wires for type-1s do not have a 90º connector at the distributor end. So when the type-3 engine cover comes down, the wires get mashed.

If I remember, you are using MS to control fuel, but not ignition? If your ignition is stock, stock wires will be fine.

I wish I could remember where I got mine. ;-(

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/