[T3] Looking for data sheets

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Sun Jan 27 18:58:34 PST 2013

All this talk of MPG and AF I need to put my two $$ worth in.

The "ideal" of 14.7 is the same at any altitude. What changes is the amount of Air. If you increase the amount of air you have to increase the amount of fuel This is what affects the MPG.
What you get with a turbo is the rise in air density and with each increase you can add additional amounts of fuel reverse this for the opposite affect.

The diesel engine is a good example it is essentially wide open throttle all the time what is varied is the amount of fuel added to the combustion chamber.
When the turbo was introduced it open up the ability to increase the amount of fuel if needed and also the volumetric efficiency of a given engine.

And as always I can stand corrected on this but its what I do remember from my schooling when I knew everything already as a youngster ;-)

Daniel Du Vall
http://1peter4-10.org
http://volkswageninsanity.us