[T3] Interchangable side windows ?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 06:08:22 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/28/2013 5:23:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
j_jonik at yahoo.com writes:

>From a past T-3 (year?), I have two center side windows, the kind  with the
latch that swing open a couple of inches.  They presumably are  the same
size as the permanently-closed side windows.
But....are  there unused holes for the hinge bolts hidden under the rubber
window  gasket?   This is about 71 sqbk.
Don't want to  have to pop a window out just to find no bolt holes there.
My dentist  refuses to come over and x-ray it.

70 was the last year for pop outs. The holes are there, but the hardware
needed for the pop out is not. You can install them, BUT, you have to add a
tapping plate to the "C" post (for the latch to attach with), and cut open
the  "B" post for the hinge hardware. There is an alternative to cutting the
"B"  post, and that's using a bug hinge, but you still have to do the "C"
post mod.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction