[T3] Fuel Pump (was RE: Re/ Mystery Fix...)

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:21:04 PST 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Mesa, AZ

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:29:04 -0600
> Subject: Re: [T3] Re/ Mystery Fix...
>
> On 28 Jan 2013 at 14:03, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>
> > Fine, just going by what Russ told me. Harness is N.O.S. and on a
> > second brain with the same result. So then, why does the pump not run?
>
> It's most likely that the pump DOES run when you crank the starter.
> You just can't hear it over the noise of the starter.

Doubt it as was solid mounted so could feel the pump running, but changed
to stock mount about the same time as the relay quit and put in another.
If I had to guess from my experiences with the Volvo and its F.I. relay,
the pump was intermittent not all functions working correctly.

B.T.W., with the new job, not sure I will have enough safety margin of
time to haul the Squareback myself. I know I will need to make time to
install the pump and jump the terminals to run it.

Thank you,
Adriel