[T3] Re/ Mystery Fix...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jan 27 14:32:25 PST 2013

On 27 Jan 2013 at 16:45, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Also, by grounding the #19 wire, you are bypassing the relay (at
> least  I believe that's what happens). One of the FI guru's will have to
> verify  that.

No, grounding #19 still uses the relay, but it bypasses the safety
cutout in the brain. It's useful for testing, but dangerous to run
this way for long.

To bypass the relay, use a small jumper with alligator clips to jump
between the 2 red wires on the relay. That should give you a small
spark and they you should hear the pump running. It should continue
to run as long as the jumper is in place. If it doesn't, there is a
problem with the pump, the wiring, or the fuse.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org