[T3] [T3} Beauty Rings

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Jul 4 12:23:53 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org
[mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of Jim Adney
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:03 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] [T3} Beauty Rings

On 2 Jul 2013 at 17:36, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> That's what happened to the 70 beetle (the car my dad bought before
> the Fastback). Someone damaged the driver's door when it was on the
> lot and they just got a door off one with a stick-shift automatic the
> same color and stuck it on the one he bought with the manual.  Why he
> didn't say anything when they handed him 3 keys and why the dealer
> didn't just swap the handles when they swapped the doors who knows.

That's pretty incredible, and also pretty irresponsible. It's so easy to
swap the door handles and keep everything keyed alike. Someone must have
been in a really big hurry....

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

I agree Jim. I think they just took advantage of him because he was a 25
year old kid in 1970 that was just excited to get his first new car.

Dennis