[T3] new pistons

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jul 4 17:31:34 PDT 2013

Not only do they have to be balanced, you need to remove the pistons to
clean them and scrub down the cylinders to remove any materials from the
honing process, everything must be pristine clean and freshly oiled.  You
then need to remove the rings and check the ring end gap, so often Ive seen
this out of spec on "new" matched parts.

Some important things to remember, any NOS stuff still out there is often
out there for a reason, it was defective in some way and got shelved.
Sometimes that defect is minor sometimes it's a show stopper.  The new stuff
out there is mostly Crap, I wouldn't trust ANY Of it without carefully going
thru it and I wouldn't use any of the Chinese stuff.

Ive been bitten too many times when I WAS trying to be thorough!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"