[T3] 40 days and 40 nights...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 7 20:14:12 PDT 2013

On 8 Jul 2013 at 2:46, Dave Hall wrote:

> Usually I can understand most of what Keith writes, and I thought I was
> doing OK, but I do wonder if the heat is taking its toll. You OK, Keith? ;-)

I have to agree. It's not just British English vs. US English; I
couldn't understand most of it either.

Keith's a weather nut, so my best guess is that the acronyms were
some sort of weatherspeak.

Our June was the wettest on record, but that's quieted down a bit
recently. Now it's turned extremely hot and humid, which takes away
any desire to accomplish anything. We finally turned on the AC here
at home: just couldn't take the 90 F and 80-90% humidity.

I've been watching the radar lately, however, and it looks like the
Detroit area is still getting heavy rain.

You guys still above water?

It seems odd, with all the rain we've had this spring, but the great
lakes are currently about one foot lower than normal for this time of
year, and it's expected to continue to drop. The cause is increased
evaporation due to global warming. Locally, our lakes are high, but
that's because the lakes are small compared to the land that drains
into them. Once the lakes get big, the situation turns around.

And most of the rain that falls in WI eventually drains west into the
Mississippi.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org