[T3] OMG, My BRAIN died!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jul 10 18:32:52 PDT 2013

It DID wiggle, then *snap* it would wiggle more easily!  I think your right
On the money about what's wrong.

Keith

On 7 Jul 2013 at 19:35, Keith Park wrote:

> I see it!  it does have the heat sink and the foam around the legs.

Does it wiggle easily? The one I fixed had one lead rusted thru and a
second one broke when I wiggled it.

Don't reinstall the foam pad. I'd like to find a small supply of the
transparent plastic 3 pointed spacers that were commonly used in that
era. Bosch used those in many places, sometimes with this transistor.
It's a much better choice because it lets that space breathe and not
collect moisture.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org