[T3] Oil bath filter

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jul 14 20:25:03 PDT 2013

In a message dated 7/14/2013 10:28:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dduvall at 1peter4-10.org writes:

I am using new D-Jet injectors I got from Jim. With all the air  runners
etc. I have a wideband O2 sensor along with air temp and coolant temp  that is
using the stock CHT sensor as well as the stock air temp sensor. I am
basing my setup off of what MAX has done with the exception of doing a locked
dizzy and a pertronix igniter. I have the MS3X so am configed to let the MS
do  the timing.

Max isn't the only 1 to do this conversion. Warren on the Samba did  as
well, but later found the real cause of his problem to be low system  voltage,
and ended up switching back to D-jet, as it actually worked better.  :O He
really didn't care for the way it warmed up, with the locked 009
distributor. He's got a 1776 too, but was using Green D-jet injectors on  his, versus
Max's later model Ford injectors. Warren used as much of the stock  set up as
possible, as he didn't know IF he would like how it was. Plus,  it was
easier for him to convert the entire set up back to stock D-jet. I  mean you're
basically using almost all of the same parts, but changing the ECU  and
wiring harness, along with dropping in a locked 009, and swapping out the  TVS.

Nick has the MS2 version in his 65 Notch with a 2.0 L t-4 engine.  But he's
also running GSX throttle bodies and getting over 35 mpg with the MS
controlling the spark too. There's a guy in Hawaii that's offering t-3 trigger
wheels for sale too. But, he's running a CB Performance injection system,
but with MS controlling the spark.
Plus there's a guy in OZ who's got his MS2 setup to run 85-15 fuel  (85%
alky, 15% gas). But, he's also got the MS controlling the spark with a
trigger wheel (from the guy in Hawaii). He spent a lot of time on the dyno
dialing in his set up. :O
Like I said in a previous post, you're not breaking any ground  here, and
you just need to spend a little more time doing research. I'm sure  you COULD
make what you have work, but IF you use correctly matched parts,  it'll be
easier down the road to fix any potential problems that crop up. The  big
key, is that they're ALL using components that match their individual set
ups, with all but Nick, running stock D-jet parts on their engines. Nick
originally did run a t-4 plenum set up on his engine, but found it was limited
in air flow at higher rpms. So he switched to the gsx TBs.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction