[T3] Wheel Bearings

Joe Plowick III gtixpress at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 05:56:37 PDT 2013

The bearings that I got were a MasterPro brand, part numbers were A1 and
A15.  The outers cost $5.19 each, and the inners cost $5.59 (or
vice-versa).  I'm using a set of NOS '73 spindles.  I tried cleaning up the
bearing surfaces with a little fine grit sandpaper and WD40 just to remove
a little bit of surface rust that was on there.  There was just no way
those bearings were going on there.  In fact, I almost got the inner one
stuck on there when test fitting it.  I'll look up the numbers for a '73
Beetle and see what those show.  Maybe I'll try a different brand too, but
everything else I was finding was at least twice the price.

Thanks!
Joe Plowick
'69 Type 3 Squareback
'02 GTI 337 Edition