[T3] OTT Exhaust Install

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 09:12:35 PDT 2013

I removed my rusty old EMPI 4 tip exhaust.  It sounded terrible and has
plagued my shins for 10 years.  I purchased one of the OTT systems from
ISPWest and am looking forward to installing it this weekend.

I removed the old EMPI last night and while I'm daydreaming at work about
my upcoming project, I'm curious if anybody has experience to answer my
question.  The ISPWest system is 2 pieces -- a header portion and the
muffler portion.  My engine is still in my car and I hope I can do this
install without removing my engine.

Should I install the header portion to my cylinder heads / heat exchangers
first or should I bolt the two-pieces (header and muffler) together before
installing to the cylinder heads / head exchangers?

It is a simple question and I want to poll the forum on the best
practices.  Thanks in advance,

Jacob