[T3] Front Damper mounting pin sleeves ] FROZEN

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 17 22:54:48 PDT 2013

On 17 Jul 2013 at 20:27, Darren Stevens wrote:

> Having trouble removing the front lower damper bushing and mounting
> pin sleeves on my 64 front beam arms.

Pull the shock and rubber bushing off, then heat the sleeve with a
torch until you see just a touch of red. Avoid heating the pin itself
as much as possible. Then grab the sleeve with a heavy set of pliers
and twist. It should break loose and come off easily after that.

> I see there is a dowel pin that holds the mounting pin in place, is
> this removable I see no hex head or screw slot on the pin hole?

Don't mess with that. It would have to be drilled out and that's
something you would do only if you were replacing the mounting pin.

> Also to post and reply to certain "messages" is very confusing.  What
> is the standard way the messages are staying organized. Do I simply
> reply to the entire list?  I have had helpful ideas on many occasions
> but cant seem to get a post to work.

You sent this to the list address correctly, so it got bounced out to
everyone, just as you wanted. You also changed the subject to
something appropriate, which was good.

It would have been better if you had not included a whole daily
digest at the bottom. When you're writing a new message, like this,
it's best to just start with a fresh "page." If you start typing the
address, most email programs will autocomplete it for you.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org