[T3] (no subject)

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 11:43:38 PDT 2013

>> How many more years, Jim?
>> It's been 18 years of "sighs of SPRING relief", now.
>> It still amazes me when the "4-banger" leaps to life, and (as Jim
> >says) become(s) reliable.

>I was thinking about how much more reliable it had become since you
>let me work on it: in particular, the Belleville washers on the
>injector ground connections to the heads.   ;-)

That day when we ran the car on the Beltline and we detected some
"stuttering"; you installed the two Belleville Washers: and I drove
back to Stoughton the '69 ran like it was a totally new car.

I was amazed at how "miss-free" and "strong the engine ran.
Who would have thought that those two little, small Belleville Washers
would make that big a difference.

Has anyone ever figured out WHY an OE engine injector ground makes a
perfect connection?
And WHY after a (engine re-build) disconnect and reattachment of the
injector ground connections, don't function as well?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)