[T3] Back from Litchfield

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 16 18:41:04 PDT 2013

Drove the Crate to the Litchfield VW show today, 4 hours of no gauges, no
cruise control, nothing but an AM radio (you wouldn't believe what is on AM
radio these days!)  and despite the shock I really enjoyed the car.  I don't
think this car has ever gone this far and it's the first trip with me.  No
problems, with the idle jets drilled out just a bit its running smoother but
still has a bit of hesitation.  I thought Id see what the gas mileage was to
make sure I don't get it running too rich.

I got 34mpg in a mixed  highway/secondary rd trip. I THINK I have a little
room to spare in richening it up a bit!  Now to find a source for the jets,
the idle jets were 946 If I recall but I don't know what the mains are,
anybody know what the mains would be on an early 65 without the electro idle
jets?  Todays gas must be real crap for a stock setup to run this lean.

No other problems, its stopping straight as an arrow now, even found an NOS
set of trim rings for it at the swap.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com