[T3] Distributor part needed

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jun 16 18:59:31 PDT 2013

I have a distributor here that someone sent me for rebuilding, and
it's missing one of the spring clips that hold the cap in place. I
have LOTS of the spring clips used on all the later distributors, but
this distributor uses an earlier version.

I need one early spring clip. It's the style where it anchors on the
underside of the distributor body by a bit of alum that's been peened
over to hold the bottom end in place. This is NOT the later style
that fastens to a clip that's then held in place with a screw. This
style was never used on any FI distributors, or any other
distributors '68 or later.

Anyone got one of these on a junk early distributor? I'll pay
shipping and a small purchase price.

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org