[T3] Beauty Rings

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 10:46:49 PDT 2013

From
Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club

>Trouble is that the anodising is probably cracked and that will be a site
>for corrosion later, even if the dent is straightened out.

Good point, Dave.
Does anyone know what the quality, anodising, mil thickness, etc. of
the Beauty Rings that CIP1 sells for $54.48 are a good product?

ACC-C10-6737 - BEAUTY RINGS 4 PC SET BEETLE 68-72 GHIA 68-72 TYPE 3
68-72 (SHIPPING CHARGES APPLY)

>I don't have beauty rings, but I always remove the hub-caps, even the modern
>plastic sort, and put them somewhere safe - the tyre guys just pop them off
>onto the concrete without a care if you leave them to it.

Yeah, Dave ... I've experienced the same thing.
Nobody takes car of our cars better than we do.

Is it a practice of technicians (and I use that word loosely)
1)  "The tire shop doesn't pay me enough to take care of customers cars.?", or
2)  "It's not my car.  I come in to work, customers come and go, I
collect my pay & go home.?"
Whatever it is, it doesn't sit well with me.

The manager of the tire shop is a Type 2 guy.  I know HE knows better.
 But with 8 or 10 technicians (some well-trained, long-time employees
and others are "newbies") to keep track of, he can't watch all of
them, all the time.
Maybe I should look for a different tire shop.

Sorry, guys & gals.  I'll get off my soap box now.
Thanks for letting me vent.
I'm more upset with myself, I guess.
Lesson learned.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT