[T3] Car Cures Itself Twice...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 8 15:01:29 PDT 2013

1)  Apparently stuck fuel level sensor in gas tank got unstuck simply by
 filling the tank up to the top (just to see what the  gauge
registered).   Great.  Didn't have to clean out the trunk to replace or
fix the floating sensor thing.
  Only oddity is that the gauge
needle seems to bounce around on road bumps more than I remember.  I
forget if it did that before.

2)  After gas tank removed and
re-installed in order to instal "new" front axle beam, all was
well...except for that fuel level sensor thing.   But, now there's a new
 symptom of something.
 Car idles well...but, when cold, it drives
rough...kind of flubby...as if insufficient or erratic fuel, or some
air-fuel imbalance, or a clog, or I don't know what.

But then,
when car's warmed up...suddenly, usually with a little rev in 4th gear,
all that is cleared up and the car runs like it's supposed to.   And it
stays fine...until starting up again after car sits for a long time.
Then the same thing.   It cures itself when warmed up....a few
minutes..a few miles.
 What might that indicate?   Where to start looking and testing or replacing?
 NB-  Cold Start stuff has been disconnected for years.