[T3] "On the road again"

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:31:43 PDT 2013

My daughter, Laurel and I went to the hanger on Wednesday, 6/19.

Checked the Base Plate Tow Bar Lifter that I built to fit on my floor
jack (for the correct angle).  The wood Lifter works great.

For the record; Jonathon Stiles, I owe you pictures for your kindness.

Jon sent me a "bare bones" axle beam for Randy Malcook and Jim A. to
engineer and build the Base Plate last May/June before we towed the
Type 3 to the 2012 Invasion in Colorado Springs.

Laurel & I reinstalled the Master Cylinder shield.
Uncovered the car and took it off the jack stands.
Battery reinstalled, and engine fired right up.  Yippee!
Drove back to Lake Geneva, 62 miles.
Ready to enjoy driving it for the summer.

Each spring when it starts, I breathe a sigh of relief.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)