[T3] (no subject)

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 15:52:30 PDT 2013

On 25 Jun 2013 at 14:29, J. Jonik wrote:

> Re; 71 FI Std shift....
>
> ? Earlier I asked about why the car "cures itself" from
> stumbling...stuttering...seeming like maybe only on 3 cylinders, AFTER
> going about three miles, or after about five minutes.??

Did you try my trick of getting it up to speed then taking your foot
off the throttle for a few seconds?
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

J. Jonik and Jim A.

I took my '69 for a short run on Monday.
After about 12 miles (some in-town and some 55 mph) at 45 mph, flat
level road, I experienced some "stumbling ... stuttering" too.
I remembered your:
"try my trick of getting it up to speed then taking your foot
off the throttle for a few seconds?"

Jim, I did that "trick" in 4th gear and also in 3rd.  Nothing changed.
 Still stuttered.
After it sat for an hour or so, on the return trip to the RV Park, it
ran well again.
Hmmmmm?

Pintel in one injector not spraying correctly?
Injector "valve" not shutting off correctly?
Fuel octane?  I try to burn a Kwik-Trip, all-gasoline, 91 octane.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)