[T3] T3 6V Fuel Gauge near mint

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 10:48:32 PST 2013

Jim ... the reason I suspect the Instrument, rather than the Sender is:

1)  I removed the Sender when you helped me (albeit, by phone) in
2010, when I was laying on my back, on the barn (Oshkosh) floor,
trying to figure out the replacing of aged fuel hoses from the tank to
the injectors.
I did remove the sender and (carefully) clean those two thin wires
before re-installing.

2)  When the fuel level gets down to that 1/4 full position, sometimes
a "bump" in the road or a tap on the dash, above the fuel gauge, will
make the needle "find" (what I presume is) the correct fuel level in
the tank.

BTW.  This gas gauge needle-sticking, has been going on for years.
And I've only run out of fuel 2 times.
Once, way back in the late '70's and once last year ... the day we
worked on the (non-related) ignition replacement ... and I ALMOST made
it from Lake Geneva to the nearest gas station in Delavan (9-1/4
miles) to buy the 100%, ALL-gas/no ethanol, premium fuel.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)