[T3] Clock/tach

ftalker at gmail.com ftalker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 12:29:10 PST 2013

Hi there
For VDO 0-7K electronic tachs, (the ones I use), there is only one wire necessary from coil to dash...and this is 12-14 g from the engine compartment.  But, of course, there are splices for the lighting, switched power and ground.  I snaked  several wires forward for my gauges and used a wire loom, nylon strap tie downs, strap ties, grommets and much patience for this procedure.
I realize that "stock" preservation is a consideration here, but I would caution anyone here that even the clock orifice is not the most ideal viewing when actually driving, (that would be the speedo hole), but it's close.  Below the dash is not.  If you're using the tach just for tuneups, primarily, then this may work...but then I'd be inclined to use a less expensive, 2 1/8" gauge for this application.
However, if you plan to actually use this valuable instrument to drive, then I would consider the clock hole for its placement.  Incidentally, I can see my tach clearly from the engine bay from this position for tuneups.
I will forward pictures soon.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
FE Meek