[T3] Brakes (was Leak under front driver side)

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 21:50:09 PDT 2013

Hi Jim,

In line with what Bob and Jeff have said, although you have not rebuilt
anything for me yet, I have come to trust you from reading and receiving
your advice on this forum over the years.  I have been thankful for, and
reading, this forum for almost half of my life (even hard for me to
believe).  That + searching for my old posts on this forum probably reveal
my age.  Without this (and to some small extent, the samba), I would have
given up on my T3 long ago.

I will go ahead and remove these calipers and get them ready to ship your
way.  We can discuss logistics in a PM once I get them off the car and can
check the master cylinder as you suggested.  I do not think that I have a
leak in the long hard line because I have not heard that sound and any leak
that I have appears to be minor.

Before people responded here, I noticed that JBUGS appears to have rebuilt
ones for what looks to be about $70.  Has anybody from this list tried
those?  I will still send mine to Jim, but I'm curious which places still
reliably carry good parts.

Jacob