[T3] Aftermarket Mufflers

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Mar 20 16:20:18 PDT 2013

:-)

Keith

But the answer is 'yes' regarding
the rubber. After 10 months  the rubber air intake boot was cooked and had
come loose due to shrinkage.  I replaced it with new Rubber and have been
okay since.

I think someone made a heat shield for their OTT, but I can't remember  who.
Keith took 1 look at that set up years ago, and proclaimed it a "bellows
burner", especially without a heat shield. Please note, there are quite a
few
 owners with them on their type 3s, but this is mainly due to the fact it
tucks  up and out of the way, versus dragging on the pavement like the quiet

packs  would do.
Those that are using them, are doing so because the price of stock
mufflers keeps going up, and everyone is looking for a cheaper  alternative.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction