[T3] RE Type 3 Brakes

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 20 20:40:42 PDT 2013

On 20 Mar 2013 at 23:08, Dave Hall wrote:

> Jim did post 3 URLs, so now I know!  I thought it might simply be language
> differences.  I have never seen a double flare - all the ones I've seen have
> been on VW brakes and they're 'bubble flares'.

Next time I'm in my local FLAPS I'll have to look at their brake line
assortment to see if they include both single and double flares. I
have the impression that the double flare is supposed to be stronger,
but I really don't see how that could be. It's possible that the
double layer there lends some resilience that makes the joint more
likely to stay sealed during temperature changes, but that seems like
a stretch.

There seems to be some evidence that the bubble flare is becoming
dominant in brake systems. Is this true, or am I just imagining it?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org