[T3] over-the-top mufflers

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:12:23 PDT 2013

I just finished another POR-15 project on our motor home.
It's a fairly time consuming, 4-step process.

1)  de-grease with Marine Clean to thoroughly clean all the nooks and
crannies, followed by a good water rinse;
2)  etch the surface with Metal-Ready Prep, followed by a good water
rinse and dry;
3)  (at least 2 coats of) POR-15
4)  top coat with a good enamel paint ... necessary if exposed to sunlight/UV

It's great stuff and tough as nails.
http://por15bc.com/por-15.htm

I've also used it in the (very rusty) battery compartment with great
results.  Three years later the paint looks perfect.  No rusting.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)