[T3] temp gauge

Dave Pallo rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 19:41:21 PDT 2013

[[[I had the same experience crossing Kansas last summer when it was 110
out. Those were the cooler temps for me, I let it creap up to 215 and backed
off to 65mph. These seemed to correspond to sump temps that Dave measured in
the 235-240 range, which makes sense.]]]

I was SO thankful to have our gauges to read coming back thru Kansas!
Basically - we went by our oil temps to determine what speed we wanted to
drive. It is amazing to watch what a 5 mph change does to your oil temps at
highway speeds when it is hot outside. For those 110 days - at highway
speeds; our gauges were worth every penny in my book. Now I understand that
those were extreme days, and if it was 70 degrees out we would have a hard
time seeing oil temps that high to begin with - but I'm happy to have the
gauges everyday just so I can see more of what the engine is seeing too.
Always. I just want to know what's going on back there. I don't even listen
to tunes when I'm driving Elwood 'cause I just want to hear the car ;-)

(It sure is odd to recall those 100+ degree days coming back from the
Invasion when it's snowing outside now!)

Dave Pallo

'72 Square ~ Elwood

Fairport, NY