[T3] temp gauge

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 14:45:22 PDT 2013

Dave Pallo wrote:
"and I always drive Elwood too slow - it's not
just my gauges that make me drive slower ;-)"

That was NOT my recollection when "the caravaners" left Iowa City on
the morning of June 20th, headed for North Platte, NE. :-)

That 526 miles stretch was a long sit.  But y'all's Type 3's had it
much worse in that 100 + degree heat. than we did in our AC'd coach.

I didn't get a vote on the nominal highway speed.
I was just told "Bring up the rear and try to keep up."

I did like Dave's 68 mph, even though our diesel-powered motor home
pulling our '69 Square, likes to run at 63 mph in 6th gear.

We REALLY enjoyed our first Invasion, and everyone we met.
Thanks, again to all.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)