[T3] Tire size?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Mar 25 22:48:57 PDT 2013

On 25 Mar 2013 at 15:42, jaredkohler at gmail.com wrote:

> Yea. I'm going to stick with my original rims. Though two of them are 4in
> and the other two are 4.5in. I really need to find two more 4.5's. For
> whatever reason the 4.5 rims are hard to find at the swapmeet!

Type 3 wheels are unique. There are lots of Beetle 4.5s out there but
they are not the same as Type 3 wheels. Type 3 wheels have 42 mm
offset which you can see by the ET42 stamped on one of the flats
between lug bolt holes.

I have correct Type 3 wheels if you need them. There were several
different versions; they changed several times over the years. What
year do you have.

You certainly want to get rid of the 4" rims, those are only
appropriate for 155 tires.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org