[T3] Tire size?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 27 14:51:25 PDT 2013

On 27 Mar 2013 at 7:58, Mike Fisher wrote:

> I've used a straightedge on all mine and they keep coming up ET41 except
> for one set of ET34.  Jared is correct, that they are not all stamped with
> the ET.

The 34s and 41s are both Beetle wheels. The ET may not always be
there, but I think the number (46, 41, 34, etc) always was, at least
on the late style 4-bolt wheels. I don't know about the wide 5s. The
stamps are often faint, and filled in with paint, or obliterated by
rust, so they can often be hard to find.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org