[T3] "daily driver"

Jesse Hernandez spendthrift9 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 19:37:18 PDT 2013

Gary,  I have driven it many times.  Not in my VW.  Heading south on I-5
there is a tiny town called Grapevine in the San Joaquin valley and when you
pass it your start heading up the hill and that is the beginning.  The steep
ascent is about 6% and is about 6 miles.  Then a more gradual climb another
6-7 miles to Tejon Pass.  The high elevation is about 4200 at Tejon Pass.  I
usually include Tejon Pass when I refer to the Grapevine because that is
where cars are stopped by the Highway Patrol when there is snow, ice and
wind.  Some people only refer to the hill as the Grapevine. One needs to
make sure the cooling system is functioning when going up that hill in the
summer.

Jesse
'67 Fastback