[T3] Electrical Cable

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Mar 31 05:08:32 PDT 2013

Australia, so right-hand drive?  The solenoid cable runs down that side of
the tunnel (do you mean tunnel rather than console, and do you mean selector
lever rather than gearbox, which is at the rear of course?).

Are they thick red/white striped?  Sounds like starter solenoid connections
to me, but with auto there's also something to stop you starting in drive,
maybe only in park. I'm not experienced with automatics - I can only suggest
you look for the wire(s) that were connected to them.  They must still be
somewhere!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club