[T3] Air cleaner to body

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Mon May 6 20:12:16 PDT 2013

5 5/8 is the open air space.

Daniel Du Vall
http://1peter4-10.org
http://volkswageninsanity.us

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org [mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of Jim Adney
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 9:00 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Air cleaner to body

On 7 May 2013 at 1:12, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Jim I never received a return email on if you had any of the parts so I figured I would throw this out again.
> I am looking for the parts I need to make the connection between the body and the air cleaner. I am doing a MegaSquirt so proper is not necessary.
> I just need to make the connection somehow any ideas appreciated. This is on a 72 Squareback.
>
> http://volkswageninsanity.us/Postings/FI/IMG_9932.JPG

Sorry, I forgot all about this, and it's because it's not an easy question to answer. Please measure the length of the air space between the 2 metal pieces that you need to connect, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Just measure the open air spacing. I'll add the extra length that the parts will need to work.

This is a problem because VW changed the length of the metal connecting pipe at least once. The rubber bellows was always the same.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org