[T3] No oil pressure

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun May 12 07:08:32 PDT 2013

On 11 May 2013 at 19:28, David Sanderson wrote:

> After much fiddling around I grabbed a flashlite to look
> in the hole to see why it was stuck and I saw a hole in the valve
> itself.

Well, I never saw THAT coming!  ;-)

Glad you found your problem, but my advise about throwing parts away
is to always save your old parts until the replacements are installed
and working. Then ALWAYS throw old parts that are known to be bad
away. Never let bad parts get mixed with good parts.

Finally, a good way to get a stuck relief valve out is to find a tap
that will screw into the bottom and catch. Then pull it out with
that. That gets it out without doing any important damage.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org