[T3] Seats

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue May 28 15:22:01 PDT 2013

We only got high-backs here in the UK to special order, so most of ours are
low backs.  High-backs are sought after and command a premium!

I appreciate the extra safety of high backs, but have never even needed a
seat belt (so far, and long may it continue), so the extra secondary safety
of good all-round vision may actually have been more useful - it's
impossible to know for certain.  I do know that with headrests front and
rear, thicker pillars with side impact curtain airbags and everything else
blocking the line of sight, it's hard to get a good view at angled junctions
in modern cars.

I bet there are some drivers out there who wish they had had high-backs in
an impact.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club