[T3] Ruist....and door hinges...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 22:19:25 PDT 2013

As I understand, and as is kind of obvious, if you don't oil those door hinges periodically, what happens is that the metal at where the hinges are mounted to the body will fatigue and deteriorate and...one fine day, the door will pretty much fall off.   If your brother in law, or wife or girlfriend, is a welder-metal worker, you may be in luck to fix it for cheap.
 Better to put a few drops of oil in the hinges whenever you wash the car.
If hinges get a bit stiff, I do CRC or WD-40 squirts, and do back-and-forth with the door til it moves freely. Then a drop or two of oil.  Then replace little plastic caps.

But, it you LIKE the squeaks from a freezing up door hinge (telling you when someone's breaking into yr unlocked car), then let it go.