[T3] Planning the Type 3 Invasion Trip

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 20:07:55 PST 2013

> Almost a must see is Niagara Falls, drives thru the Adirondacks are always
> nice, as is Vermont. Lots of neat stuff to see in the Northeast. IF your
> into cities then Boston and NYC are only a few hours away from the invasion,
> but do keep in mind that they are not T3 friendly, Traffic is a nightmare!
> Ive driven the Square thru Boston, but never NYC.

Keith, thank you so very much for all the help! :D

Yep, once I sent the letter, dawned on me. I am almost thinking it be easier
to see it Wednesday the 18th. I75 to 401 to 403 to DEW, then I90 into
Fairport. Would the I81 take me through a portion of the Adirondacks? I was
planning to take that to the 401 along the St. Lawrence River, since I remember
that from years ago in history classes.

How about just going to Castle Garden and get heck out of there?! I have had to
deal with plenty of student drivers who still think they are in New Jersey
and/or New York!

> That sounds about right. It'll probably want you going east and north,
> maybe even both at the same time, eventually dumping you onto I-90.
>
> I think for us, it'll be I-94W to I-75S to I-80E (in Toledo) to I-90E. The
> parts I-80 and I-90 will be toll roads for us. Just something to keep in
> mind, as not all Interstates are free.
> In your case, I know I-44 thru Oklahoma is toll road for sure, as I was on
> it back in September. From OKC to the Missouri state line costs 8 bucks in
> tolls. After that, it was all free highway going east.

Bob, thank you so very much for all the help! :D

The nice thing about A.A.A. maps is they are clearly marked, however don't give
prices, of course. I figured on taking $25 in quarters as know that is all they
take and are very expensive.

I see the I44 is toll, but be a pain to avoid?

> I bet you know all sorts of good places to see in the North east. If
> Adriel gets his passport updated, then he can go see parts of New Brunswick, and
> even Nova Scotia. Some really cool stuff to see up that way (I grew up in
> the NE as a kid). : )

I actually found my passport from my Sophomore year of High School! You all
should see it, as quite humorous how much I have changed! l.o.l. Good until 30
June 2014, so should be alright.

So will take the 401 to 20 to 185 or better be 132 to 11; basically Rochester to
Syracuse, to Montreal, one of two ways to Moncton. Since I am taking the Mercedes,
tempted to cross the bridge into Prince Edward just to say I have been there. If I
do that, might be easier to take the ferry from Wood Islands to New Glasgow. I see
that Cape Breton/Cabot Trail is worth the trek. Only way back is through Moncton.
>From there, Saint John to Bangor Maine.Then thinking to take the 2 to I93 down to
Boston to see old Iron Sides. That cross off a few states that way. I95 though
Providence to cross of Rhode Island. Then see the Glass House. Might drive by the
Statue of Liberty, but don't know if possible without getting into an accident?
Can't go inside anymore, so see no point stopping. Wait a minute! Went and looked,
and Castle Garden is where my Mennonite ancestors came though and is stopping point
for going to Statue of Liberty! So will stop at Castle Garden and move on; got to
keep costs down. ;) Then not sure how to get down to Philly to see Independence Hall.
>From there seen enough except West Virginia, so I70 to I68 to I79 to I64 and back
onto I70 and home. Looking at it all, the second part should be no more than a week,
right? Hardest part will be finding a place to stay for the night. Thought is to
just drive and see the country, rather than stop. Unless of course I see otherwise
or feel the need when there. Will have my Service Dog, so no rush to get back so
long as I have bread. ;) Figure better to enjoy life while I don't have a job or a
wife.

When I want to Toronto A.I.A.S. convention, I had a whole day to myself. I went
all over and made sure to go to the C.N. Tower and stop in China Town for look
round and have lunch. I bought a pair of nice wood sandals, but someone ate them...
[look over to Ember laying beside my chair] I like at times to be unstructured and
see what I can find. I have gone though some very rough areas, but since I stay to
myself and act if I belong, haven't had trouble. Also while in Toronto was the time I
was living with roommates that spoke British English, so with the fact that I looked
lightly dressed (mid winter), was being asked directions! ;) l.o.l. I grew up fast
then and the last Invasion trip, so thinking this be good for me now I am going though
a phase change. ;)

Thank you so very much!
Adriel