[T3] Introduction of a newbie to the world of the Type 3

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 09:41:17 PST 2013

We are from Redding, CA but now are near Eugene, OR.  You should be able to
find seats in Sacramento.  Go to shows/swaps there and join the nearest
active VW Club.  I have some here and have shipped seats to Sacramento on
Greyhound.  My best set shown here.
http://s169.photobucket.com/user/mr_bojangles500/media/Photo11101531.jpg.html

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Matt P <pfeilmat at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Nice to know that there is someone close(ish) by. This 71 was converted to
> carbs. I do have one question. It is running rich and flooding out. I
> already figure the carbs require cleaning and rebuild. My question is, when
> looking down the throat while running, should the fuel be dripping or a
> fine spray? I noticed this when revving it up too. Not so much a squirt of
> fuel, but bigger drips. I have worked on Hollys, Rochesters, Edelbrocks,
> and Zenith Steomburgs and they all seem to have been sprayers when it comes
> to fuel. Any ideas? Solex carbs are new to me.
>
> Also, do you know of any places in this area that I could find some parts
> like any VW wrecking yards up in the hills? The ones down here have none. I
> am looking for seats.
>

> Matt P
>

> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Eugene, Oregon