[T3] FI to Carb conversion

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 17:15:43 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/17/2013 8:04:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

A good solid system really doesn't
have all that many  components, therefore not much to go wrong.

The big problem with 70-71 FI systems is the bellows piece inside the  MPS.
However, those are now being reproduced. But some of the other parts
aren't, and things get sketchy when re-using old parts. on my wife's FI T-3
Fastback, I went thru 14 used injectors, to find 4 that were good.  :O  On my 70
Notch, I replaced the CHT 3 times, trying to get 1 within  the working
range VW says it needs. Lack of quality of these kind of parts is  starting to
creep in, and it's only going to get worse. We've all been seeing  it happen
with other parts of our cars.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction