[T3] Oil weight once more

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Nov 20 05:33:18 PST 2013

On 19 Nov 2013 at 22:42, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> I was using strait 30 for winter; 10W-40 was too thick.

Keep in mind that where you live, your "winter" doesn't really amount
to much colder than 30-40 F.

> Diesel oil isn't a S oil. S stands for spark and C stands for
> compression motor, a.k.a. diesel engine. C engine oils have a lot more
> detergent to handle the high soot of a diesel combustion.

The oil I found is sold as a Diesel oil meeting a bunch of Diesel
standards as well as the SL standard. I originally bought it to do an
oil change on a 300D, but then I noticed the SL rating on the back.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org