[T3] Oil weight once more

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 07:01:11 PST 2013

I was running Brad Penn 10W30.
Lucas may have different characteristics,  Raby always recommended the Penn
for the T4 but he finally changed to Joe Gibbs a couple years ago, they make
an air-cooled specific oil DT50 at a couple different viscosities in the
SYnth, and a dino oil with the ZDDP as well.  Im using their Dino in the
Notch and that seems happy with it but I haven't put too many miles on it
yet.

I run The Pennzoil 25W50 RACING OIL in the old worn Square, it gets the oil
pressure right up there and I can still start it down to at least 40F
although I need to let it warm a bit.  Their Racing oil has the ZDDP in it
but its not available at lower viscosities.

Keith

So Brian you run Lucas oil? I have a friend who sales it and I use that in
my wife's 2010 Toyota Corolla.  Keith what kind of Lucas did you use when
you had this result?

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville, AL