[T3] Oil weight once more

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Nov 21 03:49:56 PST 2013

On 20 Nov 2013 at 22:59, Jaz Jarzewiak wrote:

> Does anyone know of a specific oil to use if you're starting to run it
> after it's been sitting awhile? I just got a 67 squareback in Missouri, and
> it's been garaged (luckily) but hasn't run more than a couple blocks (a
> couple weeks ago).

If you're not sure of the history, it's always a good idea to do an
oil change. Almost anything is better than old oil that's been
sitting in there for years. If it's really been sitting for a long
time, change the oil, drive it for a week then get the engine warmed
up and change the oil again.

For those thinking about storing a car, fresh oil just before storage
is a good idea.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org