[T3] RUST...

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Nov 23 06:29:13 PST 2013

This stuff isn't in the Bentley or anywhere.
  Problem:    Due to various reasons, didn't routinely check under the car
(T-3 71), but thought rust was no problem on the floor.   Wrong.   It's
ready to dump the driver seat, and most of the driver, onto the road.

  I've patched many a rust hole, but this is a couple of feet long, at left
side of driver side floor.
 Can pancake and tar in a sandwich of metal (using metal screws, little
bolts and even  rivits  to make it better than original.

BUT....I can't get the driver's seat out of the car.   Rusted in. No way,
yet, to get to the floor under that seat to do repairs.     And no way,
except using ants with some Liquid Wrench or WD 40 to squirt up the seat
tracks to loosen them up.

   Tried Scissor Jack pushing against rear seat metal, with hammer taping
etc (on wood protectors) to move the seat....but  no go.

Anyone have this experience, and info to send out?

    Basic...How to free up rusted, frozen seat adjustment rails?