[T3] Parts for Old Cars...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 15:40:57 PST 2013

In the (not too distant?) future, we may be able to get any parts we want for old cars via 3-D  printing computer technologies...where molds can be made to make the parts, or the parts themselves, just using a computer.  Gaskets should be a piece of cake, and bushings, and...is there a limit?  They're working on making human body parts...why not T-3 parts?
   Maybe some day we can Print Out a robo-mechanic to do all the work for us.

PS:  I'm getting set to take anything usable off two parts cars in my side yard...a '72 and a '73...then having the corpses towed out.    I'll have to keep some of it all for emergencies on my '71....but how many side windows and doors and rear view mirrors and steering wheels, headlights, etc does one need?

  Anyone here can do an " I'm looking for..." posting...but maybe we can think of doing "I have this or that...who needs one?" postings regularly.  I have a box of sorta frozen front brake calipers, for starters, and a box of generators that I can hardly lift. And a bunch of fuel pumps and injectors and even crankshafts. Some torsion bars, glove compartments, seat belts (which I used to remove the minute after buying being given a car). Hub caps, entire doors, rear hatch doors,   And more.  Plus I have some bug and bus and mystery parts I can't use...light lenses, rusty bumpers, etc etc.